Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and there’s still time to make some crafts for the special Valentine’s in your life. All you need is a toddler, some art supplies and a bath ready for a messy kid following craft time.
Here are three easy toddler projects that are sure to make special Valentine’s gifts.
Cardboard Roll Heart
This is an easy project and only requires paint, rubber bands, paper and cardboard rolls. It’s the perfect project for kids of all ages.
- cardboard rolls (toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls)
- rubber bands
- acrylic craft paint
- paper or canvas
We chose paper for our project, but you can use a canvas instead if you’re planning on it being more of a permanent displayed piece.
- Prepare cardboard rolls. Shape them into hearts by creasing the tops creating two bumps that form a heart. Squeeze the bottom to form the pointy area of the heart.
- Once you’re happy with how your hearts turned out, place a rubber band around the end of the tube to stabilize the shape.
- Pour desired colored paint onto a paper plate .
- Press hearts into paint and gently press cardboard heart onto paper.
- Use as many colors as you want! We used 5 colors because I had 5 cardboard rolls lying around
Heart Shaped Ninja Turtles
Do you have a little one that is absolutely bonkers over Ninja Turtles? Here is an adorable project after their own heart. Using green heart shapes and minimal art supplies, you’d have the whole TMNT gang in a matter of minutes.
- Colored construction paper: green, orange, red, purple and blue
- 4 sets of Googly eyes
- Cut four heart shapes out of green construction paper
- Cut the mask for the TMNT faces to stretch across the heart
- Glue onto heart near the top
- Cut two additional small rectangles to glue to the end to finalize the mask
- Glue onto the back of the heart ensuring each stick out on the right side
- Glue the googly eyes onto the mask
- Draw a small smile on each with your black sharpie
Let us introduce you to Michelangelo in the orange mask, Leonardo in the blue mask, Raphael in the red mask and Donatello in the purple mask.
Keep the TMNT gang together or hand them out to a special Valentine or four.
Painted Valentine’s Heart
This next craft is probably the easiest craft to make with very minimal craft supplies.
- Acrylic paint
- Large heart cutout
- Place the large heart cutout on the canvas
- Secure it to canvas by placing tape underneath it
- Once secured, paint on and around the heart with desired paint colors
- Let paint dry completely before removing the cutout heart
Hope you enjoy these crafts as much as we did! 10 days until Valentine’s Day! Better get started on these crafts!