With the New Year upon us, I wholeheartedly believe that everyone should take some time to review, meditate and really take a look at the prior year before jumping into the New Year.
I’m all for starting the year fresh and full of big dreams, but I also understand how important it is to truly understand all that happened in the previous year, whether it was good or bad. You owe it to yourself to truly dive in and honor the past year for only then can you move into the New Year more confident and wiser.
Here are 20 questions to help you reflect back on 2017:
- What was the best thing that happened to you this past year?
- What was the most challenging thing that happened to you?
- What was an unexpected joy this past year?
- What was an unexpected obstacle this past year?
- Pick three words that best describe this past year.
- What was the best book you read this year?
- What was the best documentary or movie you watched this year?
- Who were your most valuable relationships with?
- What was your biggest personal change from the beginning of the year to the end?
- What steps did you take to grow emotionally?
- What steps did you take to grow physically?
- What steps did you take to grow spiritually?
- How did you grow in your relationships with others?
- What were some enjoyable aspects of your work?
- What were some challenging aspects of your work?
- What did you waste time on this past year?
- How did you best use your time?
- What was the single biggest thing you learned this past year?
- What word, statement or phrase best describes this past year for you?
- Where was the best place you traveled to last year?