You all know how much I LOVE Pinterest, so when I stumbled across a craft that looked like it’d be fun to make, I naturally accepted the challenge to mirror it. Sometimes I nail it, and other times I fail, miserably.
My son loves dragons, so I thought this would be the PERFECT project for us to do together.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- toilet paper roll
- green or red construction paper
- 2 medium pom poms
- 2 small pom poms
- 2 medium eyes
- red, orange and yellow tissue paper
- glue stick, glue gun or glue dots
*Glue dots worked best for this activity
I am pretty good about collecting toilet paper and paper-towel rolls because I see them being transformed into a crafts right away. It’s wise to get into the habit of collecting them, that way you’re not scrambling trying to find one when you find a craft you want to make.
Here’s how you make it:
- cut the construction paper to the size of the toilet paper roll and glue it around the roll
- glue the googly eyes onto the larger pom poms
- glue the larger pom poms with the googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll on one end
- glue the small pom poms onto the other end
- cut 10-12 long strips of the red, orange and yellow tissue paper
- use the glue to glue them on the inside of the toilet paper roll the whole way around
- let dry for 20 minutes
Now enjoy them!
Seeing my boys having a blast with them was worth the time it took to make them. They might not be perfect, but we enjoyed making them and playing with them.