This is my go-to meal. It’s healthy, easy to make and doesn’t require hours and hours laboring over a hot stove.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and spices (as directed) in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed- 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with fork and set it aside to cool off.
- Cut up tomatoes, cucumber and green onion and set aside in a bowl.
- Mix in cumin, black beans, minced garlic and oregano into cooled quinoa and stir.Mix in a little bit of olive oil to help separate the quinoa.
- Once the quinoa has cooled to room temperature, add in the veggies, fresh cilantro and feta cheese. Serve
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup of diced green onions
- 1 cup quartered cucumber rounds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt & ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
**As a busy mom, I cheat and buy boxed quinoa from time to time. The more fresh the ingredients, the tastier. Enjoy!