Tomorrow, I enter into the last year of my twenties. So, do I stomp my feet and proclaim that I’m going to remain 29 for the rest of my life? Probably not, that’s not the mature thing to do. Do I feel any different being one year closer to thirty? Not even a little bit. Will I feel any differently 12 months from now? Doubtful.
This year I found it quite appropriate to come up with a list of 29 things to do before turning 30. That way, instead of pouting my way through 29 and resenting the inevitable evil fact that 30 is fast approaching, I have 29 things to accomplish and look forward to throughout the year.
So, here is my list of things to do before I turn 30..
1. Live in a cabin for an entire week
2. Go sky-diving
3. Get published in a magazine or on a website
4. Create a list of 29 things I’m grateful for
5. Complete my own happiness project
6. Overcome a fear
7. Attend the ballet
8. Become a “regular” somewhere
9. Read 20 books
10. Tour a whiskey distillery
11. Become a yogi
12. Begin a journey of minimalism
13. 100 happy days-starting June 25th
14. Let go of all past mistakes
15. Listen to classical music
16. Go camping
17. Be more outdoorsy
18. Read more classical books
19. Attend a play
20. Get a new tattoo
21. Run 2 more ½ marathons
22. Win a race in my age group
23. Try cross fit
24. Teach my son basic sign language and Spanish
25. Take a class that interests me
26. Conduct more random acts of kindness
27. Send more snail mail (especially to relatives outside of Michigan)
28. Visit somewhere new
29. Tour a beer brewery
My ultimate goal is to have every item on this list checked off by the time I’m 30. I know it’s going to be quite the adventure, but I’m accepting this challenge with an open mind and an open heart. Wish me luck, and I’ll be sure to keep you all updated as I head through the next year!
Cheers to my last night of being 28!
Also, happy birthday to my womb-mate. Pictured in the picture below on the left.