When you’ve been in a relationship for a long period of time, you get pretty damn comfortable with each other. It’s not a bad by any means, but being seriously comfortable with someone can cause weirdness. Most couples keep the weirdness under-wraps and out of the public eye, but sometimes, just sometimes.. that weirdness makes its way into the public eye.
Here are 12 things you’re probably guilty of doing by being in a long-term relationship.
Remember, Being in love = being patient and weird as f*ck.
- You give each other weird nicknames: Cupcake, baby-cake, Boo-boo, honey buns, turd-burger, sexy pants. The ridiculous nicknames you have for each other go on and on. Oftentimes, you’ll refer to your partner in pet names over their actual name.
- You take showers together (without having sex): Sometimes it’s all about running late or having limited hot water, so it’s literally just a shower. Not sex.
- You use the bathroom at the same time: Your significant other may be using the bathroom, but you need to brush your teeth. You two get comfortable doing all sorts of things together in the bathroom at the same time. Like, it’s no big deal if one of you is pooping and the other is brushing their teeth at the same time.
- Laundry checks: When doing laundry, you and your partner might find yourself sniffing each others clothes to determine whether they’re clean or dirty. It’s totally not a sex thing, it’s a cleanliness thing.
- Inspecting weird moles, zits or hairs: There may come a time when your significant other has a weird mark on their back and they ask you to check it out. It might be a zit, and as their significant other, you’re obligated to take care of it. Yes, it’s totally gross..but that, my friends, is love.
- You wear each others clothes: If there are flip-flops by the door and you need to run outside quick, you might slip them on quick. It doesn’t matter that they’re your partner’s flip-flops. It’s a convenience thing. Also, when it’s cold outside and you don’t have a warm cover handy, you might grab your significant others sweatshirt or coat. It’s totally ok to wear your partner’s clothes, right?
- You text each other from other rooms within the house: You might be upstairs and receive a text from your significant other that dinner is ready, or they may text you to tell you that they’re leaving instead of simply coming and telling you. It happens more times than I care to admit in my home.
- Tickle torture/wrestling wars: Sometimes when you’re feeling goofy (or there has been significant alcohol consumption) you and your partner engaged in a rigorous game of tickle torture or wrestle until someone screams “uncle!” There may be a time when one or both of you walk away with a fat lip or black eye.
- Conversations are carried out in short-hand: Just like twins, your conversation is like a secret language that others just don’t understand.
- Farting and burping is a part of life: When you engage in long-term relationships, you start to get comfortable with your partner. Enough so that you might fart or burp freely within the home without a care in the world whether or not your partner hears it.
- Trying your hardest to annoy each other (on purpose): Sometimes catching your partner off guard by sticking your cold hands down their pants or randomly flicking their ear is part of your relationship. It can almost turn into a competition of who can be the bigger asshole.
- Finishing each other’s sentences: You literally have a lot of the same thoughts the longer you’re in a relationship, yet it never ceases to amaze either one of you when you finish each other’s sentences and predict what the other person is going to say.
How accurate is this list? Are there any you’d like to add?
Picture Sources: FanPop.com,