If your kids are anything like my son, they love everything that can create a mess. My son loves dirt, sand, rocks, water and anything else that can cause him to get so messy that it requires a change of clothes. Ideally we should let him run around in his diaper. It certainly would help us cut back on the amount of laundry we do in a week. That said, I wanted to make something that was messy but that wouldn’t make a huge mess while being played with. I learned my lesson when I made my son homemade play-dough. I’m still finding little pieces smashed into his toys.
I did a bit of research and stumbled across a similar recipe for homemade flubber, so I thought I’d give it a shot. Not only was it super easy to make, but it turned out great! My son and husband both had a ball playing with it tonight.
- 3/4 c. cold water
- 1 cup of Elmer’s glue (2-4oz bottles)
- green colored liquid food coloring
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 tsp. borax
- Mix cold water, glue and green food coloring together, stir and set aside
- Mix hot water and borax in a separate bowl and mix until borax is completely dissolved
- Slowly add both bowls together, mix well and pour excess water
Like I said, this homemade flubber was a HUGE hit. My son loved it as did my husband. In fact, I’m not sure who loved it more? If you’re looking for something easy to make to keep your kids entertain without the mess, try this!