It was a beautiful February day here in Michigan today. Nothing but sunny skies and temps reaching the mid-40s, so that got me motivated to start some Easter crafts today with my son! Thank you, Pinterest, for the inspiration.
Here what you will need:
- a few small potatoes
- a knife to cut out some designs into the potatoes
- a few paint colors
- craft paint paper
- lots of paper towel!–important if you have a messy toddler like I do!
- grab the small potatoes and cut them in half (adults only, obviously)
- cut some designs into the potatoes
- select your desired colors and paint the potatoes
- press the potatoes firmly onto the craft paper
- pull the potatoes straight up to reveal your egg!
This craft was super easy, and my son enjoyed painting the eggs and then smashing them onto the paper. Keep in mind he is nearly two, so his craftiness is a work in progress! Start ’em young, right?!
Check out some of our pictures!
What are some of your favorite Easter crafts with your kids?!?